Teen Dating Violence Stats:
- One in Four high school students have been or will be involved in an abusive relationship.
- 80% of assaults include but not limited too pushing,slapping, and graping.
- 70% of pregnant or parenting teens are beaten by their boyfriends/husbands.
- 40% of teenage girls in ages 14 to 17 report knowing someone their age who has been hit or beaten
by a boyfriend.
- 26% of girls in grades 9 to 12 have been the victim of physical abuse, sexual abuse, or date rape.
Spouse Abuse Stats:
- About 2.3 milion people each year in the U.S. are raped and/or physically assaulted by a current or
former spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend.
- over 1,200 women are murdered by a current or former intimat partner in the U.S. each year.
- At least 37% of female patients and 17% of all patients treated in hospital emergency departments
for violence-related injuries were injured by a current or former spouse.
- Each year 1 million women suffer nonfatal violence by an intimate partner.
- 4 million American women experience a serious assualt by an intimate partner during an average 12
- Nearly 1 in 3 adult women experience at least one physical assualt by a partner during adulthood.
Batterers and Mens Stats:
- 85% of batterers watched or experenced domestic violence in their own home.
- Boys aged 11-20 who have seen this or experenced it are arrested for murder.
- 63% have killed the man that abused their mother.
- 62% of sons are injured over the age of 14 by attempting to protect their mother.